WhereTo - QA Automation Engineer - Remote, Canada
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
WhereTo is a business travel startup from San Francisco that evolved into an agile development and design studio within the Flight Centre family. We build travel solutions used by some of the largest companies on the planet - we have just one goal: making business travel better for everybody.WhereTo provides an AI-powered travel platform for corporate travel. Their platform uses machine learning algorithms to recommend personalized travel options based on a traveler's preferences, company policies, and budget. WhereTo's technology also allows for real-time travel tracking, reporting, and cost analysis, enabling companies to optimize their travel programs and reduce costs.To learn more about WhereTo click HERE About The OpportunityWe are looking for a QA Engineer who will work with a team of intelligent, ambitious and hard-working software professionals. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for the architecture, design and quick turnaround of development of our products with high quality. Key Responsibilities
- Work in the Agile environment and adhere to all QA best practices.
- Creates Tooling around Test Automation, Test Performance and Test Security
- Is Responsible for enabling scrum teams to deliver on their sprint deliverables
- Attend, contribute to sprint planning sessions and design test approaches to test user stories within the same sprint and look for the opportunities to automate tests by identifying the areas to minimize retesting.
- Contribute to Automation, Performance and Security testing.
- Analyze product requirements and ensure the testing strategy is aligning a risk-based test approach mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing; utilizing automated testing tools to continuously build automated regression test suite.
- Active co-operation/collaboration with the teams at various geographic locations
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Create, manage, and communicate cross-functional development timelines to predict dependencies and minimize potential blockers
- Establish and enhance existing QA Processes for scrum teams to adhere to.
- Bachelor's/PG degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 5 – 8 years of strong experience in QA or application development
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, QA methodologies, defect management system, and documentation.
- Should be able to create functional automation scripts using any Object-oriented language-based framework
- Proficiency in Test Automation using Java Script based frameworks.
- Experience in Test Automation using WebdriverIO with Typescript is preferable.
- Experience in API testing using Postman / Ready API / Soap UI / Rest-Assured or any other comparable tool.
- Experience in Performance testing tool like JMeter, Gatling is desirable
- Experience in Security testing is desirable
- Should be able to create SQL queries that can parse and validate business rules/calculations across tables to ensure the maximum possible data coverage.
- Strong experience in Web and cross browser testing.
- Experience in Mobile Automation is desirable
- Experience in integration of automation test cases in continuous delivery systems like Jenkins, GitHub Actions.
- Excellent Analytical and communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering, and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Generous paid time off policy
- Travel perks/discounts
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Group benefits including extended health care, dental and vision
- Insurance including life, AD&D, critical illness, long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP/RPP with matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Share Plan – Ability to purchase company stock on Australian Stock Exchange with partial company match, subject to terms and conditions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
Location – Remote, Canada
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW.
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within Canada in accordance with the company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy except for the province of PEI
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Centre Travel Group’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at [email protected]