WhereTo - Mobile Product Manager - Remote, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
WhereTo is a business travel startup from San Francisco that evolved into an agile development and design studio within the Flight Centre family. We build travel solutions used by some of the largest companies on the planet - we have just one goal: making business travel better for everybody.WhereTo provides an AI-powered travel platform for corporate travel. Their platform uses machine learning algorithms to recommend personalized travel options based on a traveler's preferences, company policies, and budget. WhereTo's technology also allows for real-time travel tracking, reporting, and cost analysis, enabling companies to optimize their travel programs and reduce costs.To learn more about WhereTo click HERE About The OpportunityWhereTo (now part of Flight Centre Travel Group) is looking for a passionate, motivated, and skilled Mobile Product Manager to join our growing Product, Engineering, and Design teams. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of the melon business travel mobile app and provide a valuable mobile travel and on-trip experience to thousands of travelers.We are looking for a mobile product manager to help scale our mobile business travel app. You will be the product leader on a cross-functional team to deliver innovative solutions to our customers. You will spend time with the rest of our product team, dedicated engineering team, an industry-leading sales and customer success team, and our executive team as the owner of a feature based product domain. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly technical self-starter who is comfortable being uncomfortable and has a proven track record of moving quickly from idea to launch.You also must be a team player who is willing and able to mentor others and contribute to our culture of operational excellence. Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to the product strategy and roadmap for the melon mobile app
- Work with customers and stakeholders to find market based problems and deliver innovative product solutions to those problems
- Empower the rest of your cross-functional team by prioritizing work, and leading them to deliver new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Implement ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Responsible for the owning and expanding of product features from end-to-end
- Facilitate communication with key business stakeholders to ensure delivery on timelines and functionality
- Deliver clear, thoughtful documentation throughout the process which can be easily understood by technical and non-technical decision-makers
- Understand technical dependencies and be able to communicate necessary changes to Engineering counterparts
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Lead collaborative product kick-off and planning meetings to ensure mutual understanding of user problems, and foster development innovative solutions from your cross functional team
- Track core business metrics related to the product to ensure success (adoption, impact on performance)
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager (preferably in a high-growth startup, with deep knowledge of mobile apps)
- You have a strong understanding of how to use data to inform your decisions.
- You have a deep appreciation for good design, with strong knowledge of iOS, and Android, UX and visual design principles (knowledge of web for mobile, desktop is also valuable).
- Exceptionally clear and precise leadership and communication skills
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit (bonus if you are or have been an entrepreneur)
- You are a team player – no job is too big or too small
- Comfortable working closely with Engineering and experience with Agile development
- You have a BA/BS from a top university with a preference towards a Computer Science or Engineering background
- Experience designing mobile travel solutions that support shopping for content or on trip traveler experience is a major asset (general travel industry experience is also valuable)
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering, and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Generous paid time off policy
- Travel perks/discounts
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Group benefits including extended health care, dental and vision
- Insurance including life, AD&D, critical illness, long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP/RPP with matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Share Plan – Ability to purchase company stock on Australian Stock Exchange with partial company match, subject to terms and conditions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
Location – Remote, Canada
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW.
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within Canada in accordance with the company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy except for the province of PEI
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Centre Travel Group’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at [email protected]